Monday, May 7, 2007

Invisible Fence

Today started day 1 of 10 of Invisible fence training. As I thought Basco tested the barrier in the house more than the other two. Now he wont go near the room, which is what we want. It beeped about twice and Rayn doesnt want to come up stairs and Scout walked through it as it beeped with his ears against his head and jumped on the bed, and he was on the other side, he did that a few times so unfortunately his collar had to be bumped up, he went in once and won't go near it again either! They installed the fence today as well, but we aren't able to use it until day 7 of training when the trainer comes back. They want me to tempt the dogs in the barriers, but my dogs wont go in there for anything! They know better, I hope they respect the whole fence like that!

We might have another addition to the family, no not a shiloh! I can't afford one and 4 is about 3 to many dogs! A one eyed kitty named AppleJack or One Eyed Jack. I saw him at Petsmart and he's so sweet! I know I have enough cats, and I shouldn't get one because of the last "incident" but Pippin is so lonely without Mr. Magoo, the other two cats refuse to wrestle with him. So Pippin needs a kitty friend to wrestle with. We'll see how things go tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mindy,

I noticed that you had asked about Quixote on the forum,,, I dont want to "openly" talk about it because you never know who is inside.... but he passed away from a horrible cancer in March,, he was dead within 3 weeks you can email me privately Terim@bellsouth.net

Anonymous said...

Hi Mindy, Just wanted to let you know you are doing a GREAT job with Basco, and hang in there, he has been through a lot, and he really needs a firm hand. Have a great life with him, he really deserves it.

Jackie Irwin